Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Can't do it without support

I made a short appearance as a university teacher yesterday. I held a seminar for for pharmacists-to-be about what a pharmacist might do if you work at an agency.

Such a thing wouldn't be possible without support from friends or relatives. 

Yesterday it was made possible by a good friend who had worked an extra hour the night before just to be able to take care of EOF for an hour. Not only did she take the stroller for "any walk"; she took EOF for a walk in the woods* and to meet the sheep that are kept close by. She had also managed to gather three baby chairs and brought a few toys from her home to her workplace (at the university), to be used after the walk, at lunch. 

This made it possible for me to fully focus on something else for ninety minutes (and in the process relax quite a bit!). Afterwords I found three happy kids ready to have lunch in my friend's workplace's lunch room. My friend had even managed to eat her lunch first, so she fed the kids while I ate my lunch without much need of multitasking (eating AND feeding). (That's rare these days!)

THAT'S a good friend! Thank you!!!

*) Yes, the university is literally next to the woods and to a field where sheep are kept!


No comments:

Post a Comment