Saturday, November 10, 2012

A look in the rear view mirror

It's almost two weeks since I last wrote anything "long" here... We've been busy.

The week before this one was fall break at school. We chose to give Siri a break from daycare too. My mom came up from Malmö to give us two much needed hands that week. With eight people the week was rather busy and the house crowded.

The pumpkin carving party at some friends house was a great. This is a tradition that we've been part of for three years. A Swedish-American family that we know invites their friends (many of them also Swedish-American) to mingle and carve pumpkins. We love this company - and the result that we have at least one nice pumpkin in time for Halloween.
This year's pumpkin turned out as an Angry Bird.
I never mentioned here at the blog the result of the hearing check-up during the fall break week. Oscar and Filip had their ears checked (the third attempt). This took more than half a day, and the result was for the most part something positive. It was confirmed that both boys hear well. Perhaps they cannot hear the low sounds like the ticking from a wrist watch, but this may be a shortcoming of the test method, or due to the boys having a cold. We'll see what the next ( (a fourth!) check-up in eight months can show.

I also went back to work little over a week ago. Perhaps I shouldn't call it "working" yet - you can definitely question if I do anything productive yet. I only work four hours a day to start with. The first two-three days were needed just to handle all emails that had bees accumulated, and to have a number of short meetings with my team manager and colleagues to plan what should be done until Christmas.

After the first few days I started making attempts to check things of from my to-do-list. But that proved hard. Everything takes for ever to do, either since I have forgotten how to to it or I'm just tired... And working four hour days makes it more difficult. Whenever I'm getting up to speed, it's time for lunch or to go home again...

Before going to work I take Ludvig to school and Siri to daycare. And on the way home I pick them up again. Anna has her hands full with Elin, Oscar and Filip the eight hours in between. 
Here we are, two months old!


No comments:

Post a Comment